Monday, April 19, 2010

White Chicken Chili

I Love this soup.  It’s so perfect on a cold day! 

Ingredients

  • 4 chicken breast (not shown in picture)
  • 4 cans of northern beans
  • 1 or 2 cans of diced green chili’s
  • 1 can of chicken broth
  • 1 small container of sour cream
  • diced onion
  • garlic
  • spices/ salt, white pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper  (I don’t know amounts.  I just poor the spices till I like it.  Maybe about a teaspoon each!  A lot of help I am, huh?)  Just be careful with the cayenne pepper, unless you like it hot.  
  • optional- hot sauce

white chicken chili (3)

Cook chicken and cut into small pieces, and set aside.  Sauté the diced onions and garlic in butter, then add the green chili’s for a couple minutes.   Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.   Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro and oyster crackers on top.   Hope you enjoy!

white chicken chili (4)

No comments:

Popular Posts