Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chicken Divon

I’ve mentioned a couple recipes of my brother Berts.  Well, this is a recipe from another brother Brent.

Ingredients

  • 4 chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1 cup grated cheese
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 can Cream of Chicken soup
  • 4 cups of broccoli florets
  • crushed cornflakes

Cook the chicken until barely done.  Place it in the bottom of a baking dish.  Cook the broccoli until tender but firm.  Put it on top of the chicken. 

Make a sauce of the sour cream, mayonnaise and soup.  Pour over the chicken and broccoli.  Top with cheese, and sprinkle with cornflakes. 

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.  Serve over steamed rice. 

MY VERSION:  I only do my version, because, a lot of the time, I use what I already have in the house.  This night, I didn’t have broccoli, so I used asparagus.  I also didn’t have any corn flakes, but I had french fried onions, so I used them.  Another thing I always do is put the rice on the bottom in the same dish, instead of serving it separately.  Even with all my changes, it turned out really good! 

And I apologize for this half picture.  I made it for the kids and then Chad and I went out on a date.  I forgot to tell Mishae to take a picture, so here it is half eaten, actually on the next day for leftovers.  And it was still good.

Chicken Divon

Hope you all try this one.  It is excellent!

No comments:

Popular Posts