Thursday, March 4, 2010

Guacamole

I LOVE this stuff!  I’ll give you my brother Bert’s Recipe.  But I don’t always have all the ingredients, so I just make it with what I have around and it is great!  Plus I don’t like it spicy, so I don’t use the spicy ingredients!

  • 6-8 avocados, coarsely mashed 
  • 1-2 diced roma tomatoes, minus the juice and seeds.
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
  • 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced ( I just use the crushed garlic in a jar)
  • 1/4 green pepper minced (optional)
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • Lime juice to taste from 1-2 fresh limes ( I use lime juice from a bottle)
  • salt and pepper to taste ( I also add some garlic and onion powder)
  • 1-3 drops of red hot-sauce from Tapatio or Cholula (optional)

dinner (2)

I like to dice my avocados up in the skin first and then scoop them out with a spoon.  It eliminates the mess!

dinner (4)dinner (6)

Serve with chips or throw some on a burrito or taco!

dinner (7)

No comments:

Popular Posts