I LOVE this stuff! I’ll give you my brother Bert’s Recipe. But I don’t always have all the ingredients, so I just make it with what I have around and it is great! Plus I don’t like it spicy, so I don’t use the spicy ingredients!
- 6-8 avocados, coarsely mashed
- 1-2 diced roma tomatoes, minus the juice and seeds.
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced ( I just use the crushed garlic in a jar)
- 1/4 green pepper minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime juice to taste from 1-2 fresh limes ( I use lime juice from a bottle)
- salt and pepper to taste ( I also add some garlic and onion powder)
- 1-3 drops of red hot-sauce from Tapatio or Cholula (optional)
I like to dice my avocados up in the skin first and then scoop them out with a spoon. It eliminates the mess!
Serve with chips or throw some on a burrito or taco!